- From a quarter acre to twenty acres, Rochester Lawn Care uses specialized propane powered mowers with 52" decks to 61" decks to cut the turf at a specified height to provide a beautiful well maintained turf area.
- Turf is normally cut at a height of 3" during the normal growing season with the last cut in the fall done at 2" to prepare the turf for winter. Mower height can be raised for certain drought conditions, or lowered for specific purpose, or appearance.
Spring Clean Up
- Blow all beds removing leaves & debris from winter.Landscape
- Hand rake worst areas of lawn.
- Pick up twigs from lawn.
- Rake off dead foliage from perennials in beds.
- Clean beds of any foreign material so they are ready for growing season.
- Clean Eaves.
- Put back sod in areas damaged from winter snow plowing.
- Put stone/gravel back in areas that was moved by snowplows.
- Single/ Double Shredded Hardwood
- Colored Hardwood Mulch
- Wood chips - Play Ground
- Stone- assorted varieties and colors
Over Seeding/Slit Seeding
- Specialized machine used to put furrows in the soil or existing turf and dropping grass seed in the furrows. The machine then covers the furrows.
- This process is used to renovate existing bare or weak lawns, without total reconstruction of a new lawn.
- A very economical way to revitalize an existing lawn.
- The best time to do is in the spring or early fall.
- Special machine used to remove plugs of soil, and deposit on lawn.
- The holes from the aeration promote deep root growth of the grass to overcome times of stress in the mid summer heat.
- As soil from plugs breakdown, microorganisms from the soil break down the thatch in the lawn.
- Rainwater flows into the holes- the grass roots grow to the bottom of the hole to the water.
- Best time to do is in the early spring or late fall.
- Special machine used to deeply rake turf areas to remove dead and undecomposed organic matter build up. The purpose is to promote the grass plant to root in the soil and not in the organic matter which makes it more susceptible to extreme environmental conditions. A half inch of thatch is actually beneficial for your turf.
- The best time to dethatch is in early spring.
Buy landscaping services
Or contact the seller
in section "Landscape design"